g i r l h a t t a n

g i r l h a t t a n

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

bicycle diaries

back during the convention, on the night of the critical mass bike ride, i ran into this guy who used to live in my building. he's an illustrator named marcellus. we were biking beside each other for a few blocks on fifth avenue. i was saying how it was my first time doing critical mass, but i was digging it so far. we separated after a while, and it wasn't too long after that that the cops showed up and things got ugly.

a week later i ran into him on essex street, and i was all, "did you manage to dodge the police?" i was teasing, but he said, "actually, no. i got arrested." the cops were still holding his bike. i was so shocked i didn't even know what to say. later my friend rachael told me he was illustrating his story, and sent me some of the drawings. now they're up on nerve and you can see them here.

No comments: