g i r l h a t t a n

g i r l h a t t a n

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

the rain falls down on a humdrum town... this town will drag you down

sometimes all you can do is sit around listening to the smiths.

work is not going so well, it’s freaking cold, my digital camera is still broken, etc. etc. etc.

sad times.

the illustrious ratner’s/lansky lounge is closing.

the freakatorium is closing.

I’ve been living on the lower east side for like, 6 or 7 years now... and in new york for about 25 years.
and maybe everyone says this, but that doesn’t make it less true: it’s a different city than it used to be.
and it’s really depressing to think that I can barely afford to live in the city I grew up in. where else does that happen?

anyway. I am trying not to get mired in the malaise exacerbated by the lyrics of this song:
everybody’s got to live their life
and god knows I’ve got to live mine...


why is it that when I’m sad I want to hear sad songs?

well. time to find things to cheer me up.

like the grey sweatsuit revolution.

and funny t-shirts.

and avril just not giving a damn.

and this very very very very filthy song by Ave. D. {via suckapants}

oh! and fat laces.

the number one way to cheer myself up? to dwell, just for a moment, on the marvel that is a man named benicio.

No comments: