g i r l h a t t a n

g i r l h a t t a n

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

bom bom bom

essex street

this year, the following has happened to me over and over:

i groove to a song, and think, "that's a good song."

then listen to it again, and realize it's a political comment about the war.

it happened, of course, with green day, U2 and MIA.

and now: living things - bom bom bom. {click to listen}

i really like this song.

i know the lead singer looks like the love child david johanssen and mick jagger, but that seems appropriate. {if you click "media" and "moving pictures" you can watch the wacky technicolor video.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love MIA. Arular is such a good album that every time I listen to it, I have an Arulpragasam.

I know, I know. That was bad.

girlhattan said...

it's okay, i know how you feel. i love her too.