g i r l h a t t a n

g i r l h a t t a n

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

smells like marco?

balloons


i went to this party for planet magazine last night, primarily for the free booze and the location (i always have a freaky time at china 1).

i'm well aware that irony is hip. retro sneakers, ugly thrift store track jackets, neon hoodies, etc. but sometimes some of these kids actually confuse me. because if you're a geeky looking kid in geeky square eyeglasses like geeks rocked in 1985, and you're standing around talking about geeky shit, aren't you just a geek? even if you're at a supposedly hip party? i'm just asking.

what happened was this: i was trying to guzzle my free beer in peace and ignore the geekglasses, when some guy stood near me and NOSTALGIA wafted my way. i'm pretty sure this guy smelled just like my 7th grade crush, and that could only mean one thing: he was wearing POLO COLOGNE. is this what the kids are doing now? does anyone know???

2 comments:

darkly said...

Well, if they were wearing geek glasses and acting geeky, cool. But is somebody wants to dress like a geek then put on airs I'm not sure that's working for me.

For the record, I do like geeky guys, just not the emotionally limited, social-darwinist type that seems to gravitate toward me.

Thanks for checking out my blog. Please post some more picks of Mark Webber if you get them. :)

Anonymous said...

I used to wear Polo. When I purchased the cologne I got a free suitcase that of which my 68yr old father still uses when he travels. Also my first boy on boy action was lathered in the scent of Polo! xotj