g i r l h a t t a n

g i r l h a t t a n

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

a change will do you good.

this is a story about fear of change.




this is my favorite gel. my hair is curly. bouncy when it's at its best, fuzzy, frizzy and limp when at its worst. sometimes when i sleep on my curls they go - i kid you not - square. i rely on my beloved gel and buy it often, use it every day. i have been using it almost every day for the last - seven years? maybe more? recently i noticed that it had disappeared from shelves all over the city. duane reade downtown, duane reade uptown. rite aid. the ghetto weave place down the block. my heart pounded, my hair suffered. i started to panic.





this is what i found where lasting curls used to be. tightly wound? is that a joke? i am in no mood for puns. i need my hair back.

i bought it. i tried it. it worked. and it's maybe even better than lasting curls. i've got more bounce, less weight, more softness. i'm still not completely convinced; we've had some good weather this week. but i'm willing to try. and i think change can be good.

No comments: